The State of North Carolina's Cooperating Technical State (CTS) Committee held its fifth meeting on February 13, 2001.
The meeting began with status updates on a number of topics. Highlights
are as follows:
- LIDAR Delivery Orders have been issued for all six basins.
- Final Basin Plans for all six basins will be completed by the
end of April 2001.
- Watershed Concepts has completed 75% and Greenhorne & O'Mara
has completed 45% of their LIDAR data collection.
- Final Scoping Meetings have been held for White Oak, Lumber, and
Tar-Pamlico River Basins. Final Scoping Meetings for Cape Fear
will be held March 6-8, 2001; for Neuse in late March 2001; and
for Pasquotank in mid-April 2001.
- The plan for scoping flood hazard mapping needs for counties and communities in the Phase II river basins (Chowan, Roanoke, Yakdin, Catawaba, and New) is under development.
Program Director John Dorman reported that meetings with Federal agencies to discuss funding and mapping activities are being scheduled for the week of March 5-9, 2001, in Washington, D.C.
The Higher Standards Work Group reported that it is expanding its scope beyond future conditions hydrology to include all floodplain management and mapping standards that exceed NFIP minimums. The work group is developing criteria and a process for identifying communities that might benefit from higher standards.
The Post-Storm Assessment Work Group reported that it is developing a standard operating procedure for post-storm assessment.
The next CTS Committee Meeting is scheduled for March 20, 2001.